Review by Christina Giguere
This book of short stories will take you from tears to laughter and back to tears again. J.D. Holiday brings a well-rounded composition of stories with compelling and timely subjects. I personally bought the story after reading an excerpt on the Cereal Authors’ blog. I had no idea what I was getting myself into emotionally as a reader. From her story “The Boy in The Leaves,” which deals with child abuse to “Inside,” that broaches the subject of PTSD. This book had me wanting to kill some characters while wishing to rescue others. This is what reading is all about!
J.D. Holiday manages to take readers on an emotional rollercoaster and manages to do this in short story form all without sacrificing description and character development. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is short on time but wants to get lost in a good story.
My favorite line: “We hold one another close in this, our last moment and kiss. Your goodbye is in our lips, good luck wishes shine in those robin’s egg blue eyes.” Thanks for the roller coaster ride JD Holiday!
I’m author and illustrator J.D. Holiday. I have three children’s books out: Janoose the Goose, Janoose And The Fall Feather Fair & The Spy Game, all picture books, I have a chapter book for six to nine year olds, The Great Snowball Escapade, and an eclectic collections of short stories for adults in Stories & Imaginings For The Reading Spot.
Her site: http://jdholiday.blogspot.com/ & http://jdswritersblog.blogspot.com/
- An Interview with Author: Amberly Kristen Clowe bloglovin.com/blogs/jds-writ… on @bloglovin 4 hours ago
- An Interview with Author: Amberly Kristen Clowe jdswritersblog.blogspot.com/2018/03/an-int… https://t.co/gGAG61Lqf7 4 hours ago
- An Interview with Author: Amberly Kristen Clowe... fb.me/aOIVgMh23 5 hours ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/s8rR7E6NfY4?a Gordon Lightfoot Sundown 2 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/gr_eVcCAUXo?a Dobie gray- drift away 2 days ago
It’s Story Time at Goodreads
- True! March 8, 2018
- Character Quotes from Savage Heart by Dellani February 26, 2018
- When You’re The Killer: A Revelation On Writer’s Block February 12, 2018
- The Body in the Library January 28, 2018
- Book Reviewer Fran Lewis Reviews, The Great Snowball Escapade January 28, 2018
Rachel Rueben on True! Sherrill S. Cannon on … James J. Cudney IV on About My Picture book, The Spy… authorjdholiday on … Sherrill S. Cannon on …
Blogs I Follow
- Agy Wilson Amazon Arts author authors bestseller Blogging Blogtalkradio Blog Talk Radio BOOK PICKS book review books business Carmela Dutra Character Quotes characters Children Children's books children's stories childrens faith books Children show childrens show Christian christian children's books Christian stories Christina Giguere Christmas Debbie Roppolo Dellani's Tea Time Dellani Oakes For authors of It's Story Time Fran Lewis fun Halo Kids Tales illustrator interview interviews Its Story Time J.D. Holiday Jan Britland JD Holiday Jewish kids stories Linda Black Margot Finke novels Philadelphia picture book picture books pictures publishing Rachel Rueben Radio reading Red River Radio review romance Sharon Cramer short stories Short Stories and Other Imaginings for The Reading Spot Shriners Hospital sketches stories Stories And Imaginings For The Reading Spot stories for kids stories of faith story books talk THE Authors Words The Great Snowball Escapade The Spy Game World of Ink Network writing young youth