Review by Christina Giguere
This book of short stories will take you from tears to laughter and back to tears again. J.D. Holiday brings a well-rounded composition of stories with compelling and timely subjects. I personally bought the story after reading an excerpt on the Cereal Authors’ blog. I had no idea what I was getting myself into emotionally as a reader. From her story “The Boy in The Leaves,” which deals with child abuse to “Inside,” that broaches the subject of PTSD. This book had me wanting to kill some characters while wishing to rescue others. This is what reading is all about!
J.D. Holiday manages to take readers on an emotional rollercoaster and manages to do this in short story form all without sacrificing description and character development. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is short on time but wants to get lost in a good story.
My favorite line: “We hold one another close in this, our last moment and kiss. Your goodbye is in our lips, good luck wishes shine in those robin’s egg blue eyes.” Thanks for the roller coaster ride JD Holiday!
I’m author and illustrator J.D. Holiday. I have three children’s books out: Janoose the Goose, Janoose And The Fall Feather Fair & The Spy Game, all picture books, I have a chapter book for six to nine year olds, The Great Snowball Escapade, and an eclectic collections of short stories for adults in Stories & Imaginings For The Reading Spot.
Her site: http://jdholiday.blogspot.com/ & http://jdswritersblog.blogspot.com/
- by JD Holiday allauthor.com/amazon/5065/ https://t.co/yItAmvlGBP 12 hours ago
- I'M DONE WRITING MY 35000 word Middle Grade Novel! YAY!!!! I'm not sure what to title this story yet though.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- RT @TheDealfm: My mom told me this. https://t.co/RPzolD2J9p 16 hours ago
- RT @TheDealfm: Prince Garrett's Haunted Halloween Bash - Get your READ ON!: youtu.be/8Ad54gAd56Q?a via @YouTube 16 hours ago
- RT @JDHoliday: What can you do with an old dog?find out what makes Eddie&Sidney best friends! allauthor.com/amazon/5064/ https://t.co/jzoA9wGn… 16 hours ago
It’s Story Time at Goodreads
- An Excerpt from my story; Dangers In The Wilderness, New York 1755 October 20, 2017
- Winter is coming! The Great Snowball Escapade October 13, 2017
- Truth, As Strange As Fiction: Desperate Mind by J.D. Holiday September 22, 2017
- 1877 September 13, 2017
- 1875 August 29, 2017
James J. Cudney IV on About My Picture book, The Spy… authorjdholiday on … Sherrill S. Cannon on … authorjdholiday on I Love A Rainy Day by JD … Pooja Agarwal on I Love A Rainy Day by JD …
Blogs I Follow
- Agy Wilson Amazon animals Art Arts author authors bestseller Blogging Blog Talk Radio Blogtalkradio BOOK PICKS book review books business Carmela Dutra Character Quotes characters Children Children's books children's stories childrens faith books Children show childrens show Christian christian children's books Christian stories Christina Giguere Debbie Roppolo Dellani's Tea Time Dellani Oakes dogs For authors of It's Story Time fun Halo Kids Tales illustrator interview interviews Its Story Time J.D. Holiday Jan Britland Janoose And The Fall Feather Fair JD Holiday Jewish kids stories Linda Black Margot Finke novels Philadelphia picture book picture books pictures publishing Radio reading Red River Radio review romance Sharon Cramer short stories Short Stories and Other Imaginings for The Reading Spot Shriners Hospital sketches stories Stories And Imaginings For The Reading Spot stories for kids stories of faith story books talk THE Authors Words The Spy Game World of Ink Network writing young youth