Review by Christina Giguere
This book of short stories will take you from tears to laughter and back to tears again. J.D. Holiday brings a well-rounded composition of stories with compelling and timely subjects. I personally bought the story after reading an excerpt on the Cereal Authors’ blog. I had no idea what I was getting myself into emotionally as a reader. From her story “The Boy in The Leaves,” which deals with child abuse to “Inside,” that broaches the subject of PTSD. This book had me wanting to kill some characters while wishing to rescue others. This is what reading is all about!
J.D. Holiday manages to take readers on an emotional rollercoaster and manages to do this in short story form all without sacrificing description and character development. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is short on time but wants to get lost in a good story.
My favorite line: “We hold one another close in this, our last moment and kiss. Your goodbye is in our lips, good luck wishes shine in those robin’s egg blue eyes.” Thanks for the roller coaster ride JD Holiday!
I’m author and illustrator J.D. Holiday. I have three children’s books out: Janoose the Goose, Janoose And The Fall Feather Fair & The Spy Game, all picture books, I have a chapter book for six to nine year olds, The Great Snowball Escapade, and an eclectic collections of short stories for adults in Stories & Imaginings For The Reading Spot.
Her site: http://jdholiday.blogspot.com/ & http://jdswritersblog.blogspot.com/
- 5 of 5 stars to The Christie Curse by Victoria Abbott goodreads.com/review/show/20… 1 day ago
- RT @ReadersGazette: PEP TALK FOR ALL AUTHORS readersgazette.com/promote/articl… In life you will always have to endure the tirades of #article 4 http… 5 days ago
- RT @ReadersGazette: James & the Dragon (The Farloft Chronicles Book 1) .@TheresaSnyder19 #Fantasy #Fairytale readersgazette.com/world/moreinfo… Do you… 5 days ago
- RT @cozy_mysteries: A body. A crumbling graveyard. A lively, bounding puppy that saves the day. #cozymystery #newrelease #recipes #CR4U ht… 5 days ago
- RT @ADPase: Author RP Dahlke @rpdahlke dld.bz/f3UJF BOX SET 'Dead Red Mysteries' #ASMSG #OSFARG #BookBoost https://t.co/v6v7kSr… 5 days ago
It’s Story Time at Goodreads
- Amazon Has A Fake Book Problem June 11, 2017
- 1809 June 8, 2017
- I Love The Rain June 7, 2017
- Work in Progress for my children’s chapter book: The Great Snowball Escapade June 1, 2017
- Putting a book cover together June 1, 2017
BEE&GLOW on How to Keep Your Dog Cool In H… authorjdholiday on Happy New Years! Patrick Jones on Happy New Years! authorjdholiday on Happy New Years! Deanie Humphrys-Dunn… on Happy New Years!
Blogs I Follow
- Agy Wilson Amazon animals Art Arts author authors bestseller Blogging Blogtalkradio Blog Talk Radio BOOK PICKS book review books business Carmela Dutra Character Quotes characters Children Children's books children's stories childrens faith books Children show childrens show Christian christian children's books Christian stories Christina Giguere Debbie Roppolo Dellani's Tea Time Dellani Oakes dogs For authors of It's Story Time fun Halo Kids Tales illustrator interview interviews Its Story Time J.D. Holiday Jan Britland Janoose The Goose JD Holiday Jewish kids stories Linda Black Margot Finke novels Philadelphia picture book picture books pictures publishing Radio reading Red River Radio review romance Sharon Cramer short stories Short Stories and Other Imaginings for The Reading Spot Shriners Hospital sketches stories Stories And Imaginings For The Reading Spot stories of faith story books talk THE Authors Words The Great Snowball Escapade The Spy Game World of Ink Network writing young youth